Tags: cake, chocolate, cream cheese, desert, dessert, easy, how to, peanut butter, peanuts, powdered sugar, recipe, truffle, truffles, tutorial, vanilla
These little chocolaty peanut butter delights will melt in your mouth! It takes about 10 minutes to prepare your mixture, 3 hours to chill it, 10 minutes to scoop, roll and coat your truffles, and 1 delicious minute to eat and enjoy your amazing truffles.
Sweet Indulgences Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Makes 15-20 truffles depending on your scooper
3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of cream cheese
3/4 cup crushed peanuts (salted or unsalted- the choice is yours)
splash of vanilla (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in an microwave safe bowl until melted. I recommend using a lower power setting such as 50% so that you don’t overcook the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- combine melted chocolate, peanut butter, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla to mixture if you wish.
- Pour mixture into a pie plate, cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours, or until chocolate is firm to the touch.
- Using a melon ball scooper, scoop round even balls of the mixture. Roll the balls in your crushed peanuts and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any uneaten truffles so they don’t spoil.
***Tip: If you do not like peanuts, you can also roll your truffles in mini chocolate chips, coco powder, or powdered sugar. These truffles can also be used to decorate cakes for a different look.