These little chocolaty peanut butter delights will melt in your mouth! It takes about 10 minutes to prepare your mixture, 3 hours to chill it, 10 minutes to scoop, roll and coat your truffles, and 1 delicious minute to eat and enjoy your amazing truffles.
Sweet Indulgences Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Makes 15-20 truffles depending on your scooper
3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of cream cheese
3/4 cup crushed peanuts (salted or unsalted- the choice is yours)
splash of vanilla (optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in an microwave safe bowl until melted. I recommend using a lower power setting such as 50% so that you don’t overcook the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- combine melted chocolate, peanut butter, and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla to mixture if you wish.
- Pour mixture into a pie plate, cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours, or until chocolate is firm to the touch.
- Using a melon ball scooper, scoop round even balls of the mixture. Roll the balls in your crushed peanuts and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any uneaten truffles so they don’t spoil.
***Tip: If you do not like peanuts, you can also roll your truffles in mini chocolate chips, coco powder, or powdered sugar. These truffles can also be used to decorate cakes for a different look.